Today's lesson was on the 8:15 FS. It was a very uncrowded session, just me, Sonya, Kelli and one adult skater I don't know. Good fresh ice, great conditions :-).
We worked on my program, and Sonya taught me about the 1st half or so. It looks something like this:
- Start about 1/3 of the way from the scoreboard end of the rink, centered on the short axis.
- Push into an LF glide with arms
- Push into a R hockey glide w/arms for a full circle
- Push into a L hockey glide w/arms for a full circle
- Push into a LFO, LFO3, back 2-foot turn on same circle
- Push into an RFO, RFO3, back 2-foot turn on same circle
- Push to an LFO with free leg in a '4' position and drag toepick
- Get to center ice and do a hockey stop
- Push straight back, BXO and cross front
- Back snowplow stop
- 2-foot spin w/arms out
- Funky up-on-the-toepicks thing
- Push to LF glide toward the right
- Half flip
My reaction... eep! The dragging the toepick thing is scary, the up on the toepicks thing I can't do yet (it does look cool though), and I really need to work on my back 2-foot turn so I don't look and feel so scared. Oh, and my FO3s really stunk today.
I really appreciated Sonya's care in laying this out for me. It's really very doable and I can think of it in sections that correspond to the music so that I can know where I am and where I should be. I just need to practice the heck out of it is all.