New Coach, New Me
It's time to announce that I've made a coaching change: my new freestyle coach is Holly Harrington. After 7 years with JJ it's hard to make a change but it was necessary for several reasons... not at all a reflection on him or me as I am extremely grateful for all we accomplished together. No hard feelings between us (quite the opposite, actually). We are and will remain friends.
We just had a 20 minute lesson today, next week we'll bump it up to 30.
- swizzles -- a lap of swizzles. Tiring, but not bad. Clearly my stamina ain't what it used to be, though.
- half-swizzles -- another lap of half swizzles, trying to bend into my knees more.
- stroking -- not too bad.
- slaloms -- ugh. These got a lot better though.
- two-foot spin/pivots -- these were a bit scary at first, and I had my first fall since 6/14. I'm fine, lol. Glad to get it over with though! Some pivots and then a two-foot spin that was... just okay. I'll take it though.
- FXOs -- I was pretty scared about these but we went after them and I was able to do some decent ones, actually. I was glad to get over that hump of fear though.
- BXOs -- not bad. A little scratchy at times but actually not really much worse than before.
- one-foot glides -- just kind of a check, gliding for about half a rink length or so on each foot. It was okay.
- short edges -- down the line alternating FI edges. Okay.