Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Preliminary Test, BO8
- FO8 -- actually pretty good. My first RFO was a little large but I corrected it subsequently.
- FI8 -- pretty nice.
- waltz-8 -- still working on the same areas. We actually made a bit more progress on the BO edge and step forward; I'm doing a better job of actually bending my knee on the RBO which is giving me more control on the step to LFO. I'm excited to keep working on this.
- BO8 -- a little rough at first but not too bad.
Sunday, November 22, 2015
Skating Wit Da Homies!
I had a pretty good skate. Worked a bit on moves, then some time on jumps. I got a few toe loops landed on one foot (I'd guess about 3-4). I also spent a little time on spins but not much to report.
Thursday, November 19, 2015
I spent about 45 minutes on the Preliminary test, and most of that was on the waltz-8. A large chunk of that was just working on the BO edge and step forward. I don't feel like I made much progress though.
The last 15 minutes I worked on BO8 and serpentines. BO8 was a little off at first but got better. Serpentines were okay; the first 1.5 circles I didn't usually quite make it around but the 2nd half was better for both sides. Not sure what to make of that.
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Spins & Jumps
- spins -- I had warmed up with these and we wound up spending about 20 minutes on them. We worked a lot on always leaning into the circle. I hadn't really realized until JJ told me, but after the 3 you have to shift over so that your weight is still inside the circle now that you're going backward. JJ had me really reaching the free leg inside the circle after the 3. It's kind of a different approach. We'll see how this works.
- waltz jump -- just a few of these. I did a couple that were not that great and then reminded myself to not be sloppy, after which I did a pretty nice one.
- toe loop -- these are not quite back where they were but considering how little ice time I have had, not too bad at all.
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Preliminary Test; 3s
- FO8 -- pretty good.
- FI8 -- pretty good.
- waltz-8 -- meh. After running through them we then spent a bunch of time just working on the step forward on the circle; mostly the LBO since that's the weaker side. We worked on holding the skating shoulder back on the first part of the BO edge so that I don't get so much swing started, then releasing and turning the skating foot for the new push. I think we made a little progress.
- 3s to center -- I've decided it's not so much that the initial check is lacking, as it is that after the turn I don't control the shoulders and free leg/hip so that I then swing into the circle. Grrr.
Monday, November 16, 2015
- stroking -- 1.5 laps this time... eep.
- slalom -- straight from stroking. 1.5 laps also. I was feeling a bit winded. I'm getting a little better rhythm to these but my feet are still waay too far apart.
- FXOs - pre-pre pattern, twice each side. Not so great.
- sprints -- ugh. These are the things where you skate to the blue line, then the red line, then the far blue line. I'm slow and I take too long to stop. I need to work on my hockey stops, I've not done them in ages. Grrr. After the last one she had me immediately do alternating lunges to the other end of the rink. Bleah. And then a lap.
- twizzly-things -- we did the regular ones down the line, then she had me do them on two feet down the line 3 times. Uck.
- harness -- pulling her in the harness a full lap, then (of course) another lap of stroking.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
I spent most of my time on the Preliminary Test, including of course a lot of time on waltz-8. I worked on the step forward separately as well. Not really much progress. It was really cold in the rink, and I felt somewhat out of sorts. While working on the step forward I caught myself from falling and twinged a muscle in my right gluteus... medius? or maximus. It's still bugging me now a little bit, not so much to really hurt but a distraction and I am walking slightly odd.
I finished with working on BO8, BI8, and some time on serpentines. Not so great. Like I said, kind of an off day. Oh well.