Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

3s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Really nice ice but 9 skaters!  I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s -- most of our lesson.  We worked on them on the wall and then on one of my circles.  The LFO3 is much better than the R.  Urph.  On the right my timing tends to be bad -- I'm forcing the 3 with my free hip and *then* coming 'up'.  We worked on getting the down-up-down so that the up is actually when the turn happens.  I can do it when I concentrate.  I'm still having a lot of issues with these though as I just don't want to twist into the circle appropriately.  Grr.
  • BO8 -- 2 minutes on these.  Actually not bad though of course my push is still inadequate.  The position was okay though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home