Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  4 skaters and really nice ice!  I scribed circles and warmed up with forward edges.  I hadn't skated in 2 weeks so there were some definite weak spots.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- some issues with posture, but I was mostly able to fix them.
  • FO8 -- still not making it all the way around.  Some good corrections on keeping the free hip back in the first part of the circle -- if it creeps around on me I tend to go flat as the blade turns slightly into the circle.  Ugh.  I did manage to actually lean into the circle a bit more, so yay.
  • FI8 -- not bad, considering.
  • BO8 -- of course, not making it around the circle.  Struggling to Do All the Things at the same time -- free shoulder back, hold the free foot in front, free hip up, look in the circle.  Eeep.  Also Danette said I'm tending to be on an inside edge when I start the new circle, so I need to be sure to push onto a legitimate BO edge.
  • BI8 -- just 2 minutes on these. Many similar corrections from the BO8. Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home