Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 22, 2023

F8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult freeskate.  We rescheduled from Wednesday.  Ice was nice and just 4 skaters.  I warmed up with edges (decent) and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8  -- most of our time on these.  Eeep.  They did get better, but I'm so inconsistent.  I did have a consistent issue on the LFO where I kept getting too much swing as/during moving my arms; my free hip was too forward and it made me skid slightly.  Yuck.
  • FI8 -- just a few minutes on these.  They are so much better than the FO8!  I still have posture issues though, esp. on the RFI.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home