Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, November 03, 2023

Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the CCIC 5:20 FS.  Ice was just okay, and about 11 skaters (competition on Saturday!).

No warmup as we started right away.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz jump -- actually not bad.  Decent height and length.  We did a few to improve to work on holding the landing and not leaning out of the circle.
  • Salchow -- hmm.  We did a bunch of these and finally got the takeoff to be more or less at the right time.  There was even some 'jump' in the jump.  But the landing is still wonky.
  • toe loop -- hmm.  Still very cheated, and I need to jump 'over' (to the right) more.  Ugh.  Still considering how long it's been I really can't complain.
It was great to have a lesson with Holly again, but with the rink schedule and our work office moving I'm not sure what I'll do going forward to make this happen. Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home