Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Perimeter XOs, Spins, Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the 2:20 FS at CCIC.  My first lesson with her in... 2+ months!  Geez.  I was able to get away from work for a quick lesson.  No warmup!

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- actually not bad.  BXOs were fairly powerful.  FXOs still a bit wimpy, but really not bad especially considering how long it's been.
  • spins -- eep.  Not a good one in the bunch.  And I found ways to make them bad in a different way every time!  Geez.
  • waltz jump -- better than yesterday.  Good height, but landings a bit wonky still (but better).
  • salchow - ha!  This just didn't happen. Oh well.
It was really nice to see Holly and a bunch of the club skaters.  I don't think I'll realistically make this time slot (especially after my work moves to Chandler next month).  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home