Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 06, 2023

F8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice and just 4 skaters.

I warmed up with all edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- most of our lesson time.  Eep.  We worked on posture.  Especially, getting good posture (not breaking at the waist, not leaning forward) from the first push.  I really struggle with this -- I'll push and be all forward and it will take me several feet before it's fixed.  In the meantime I'm also not leaning into the circle so I'm going too straight instead of curving.  Urph.  Also not making it around the circle.
  • FI8 -- Just a few minutes on these.  Better that FO but still struggling.  Much the same issues.
As you'll have noticed I've not had a freestyle lesson in some time.  Changes in freestyle times at CCIC are causing me to struggle with finding a time that works since there's only early afternoon ice now.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home