Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 28, 2023

BXOs To BO Edges

 My lesson with Holly on the 8:30 a.m. adult FS at CCIC.  Nice ice, 4 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking & a pretty decent circle-8

Today's lesson:

  • BXOs to BO edges -- we worked on this for a while.  I had better power/speed, which was nice.  We worked on improving the pattern, especially bringing the first lobe around a bit more... promptly.
  • BO edge -- I was up on my toe a lot on the RBO in the above, so we worked on it for a while.  Weirdly I don't have this problem on the LBO -- it's nice and stable.  So we worked on just skating a strong RBO and holding it without getting up on the toe and without swing.  We made some progress -- I really need to flex the foot and stand up straight!  Urph.
No lesson next week as it's National Showcase.  After that I will have to figure out August as I will be gone a lot for competitions.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home