Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 16, 2023

Private Ice

 Whew!  After a bit of an unintended break I was able to skate the 8 a.m. adult skate at CCIC for a lesson with Holly.  I had private ice!  And it was fresh and just gorgeous.

I had about 10 minutes of warmup time, which I badly needed as I felt like Bambi on ice.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- just once through these.  Eeep.  Actually they were not that bad, considering.  I was a bit slow, and off pattern on the FXO side.  BXO side was also slow and lacking power, but the pattern was okay.
  • circle-8 -- just once.  Actually, it was really nice! Good flow.  Of course it helped that the ice was immaculate.
  • spins -- just a couple of these.  The first was pretty rough and traveled a lot.  The second was a bit better.  I was a little nervous in them so they were not as good as they could have been.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home