Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 05, 2023

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the adult session at CCIC. As usual, nice ice and just 2 skaters.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- we started with these since they've been getting short shrift lately.  The RFI mohawk is actually not too bad, but the left one is still pretty rough.  Beyond that, about the same -- need to settle into the BO edge more and not rush.  
  • perimeter XOs -- okay
  • power-3s -- I thought I would escape doing these but nope!  They are about the same.  I need to just work on them a lot more to have some kind of control, both for a longer entrance edge and also for a better BXO - step forward.  Ugh.  Holly pointed out I need to be sure to step perpendicular to the long axis on the step forward so I have better lobes.  Eeep.
  • circle-8 -- really good, actually.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home