Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Edges & F8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 9:45 a.m FS.  Fresh ice, but a bit crowded (10 skaters).  It's spring break.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- meh.  I had not skated patch in almost 3 weeks and it showed!  Although I do seem to be retaining better control of the free leg on the BO edges, so that's something.  Posture still needs work, as always.
  • FO8 -- Bleah.  I mostly made it around.  We worked on delaying the new push until I'm actually at center (i.e. no early pushes!), and filling out the circle so I don't have a diagonal when I start the new circle.
  • FI8 -- mostly okay.  Similar issues to the FO8.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home