Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 02, 2023

Same Ol' Same Ol'

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 9 a.m. FS at Chandler.  8 skaters.  There was an ice cut right before this session (a bit later than my normal time due to a synchro practice) so great ice.  I warmed up with forward edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • Edges -- we did FO edges again and B edges.  Not as bad as I expected considering how long it's been since I skated patch, but still a bit rough.
  • FO8 -- not making it around the circle, quite.  We worked a bit on the push, and of course on posture as I really need to figure out how to keep my hips forward and settle back on the blade. Eeep.
  • FI8 -- as usual, better than FO8 but still a bit rough.  It did improve with practice though.
  • BO8 -- just a couple of minutes on these.  Rough.
All in all pretty rough, as I expected, though it could have been worse.  Really looking forward to being done with school (in May) so I can hopefully get back to skating more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home