Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 03, 2022

Edges, BO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Ice was pretty beat up. 8 skaters, including the dance couple.  Ugh. Since I get no warmup here, and mainly because of the dance couple whizzing by, we are probably going to spend a lot of time on posture -- which, frankly, I need.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- as usually, the LFO has... issues, but got better.  RFO okay.  FI were pretty good.  BO... my posture is actually improving.  Doing a much, much better job of keeping the free foot in front and then hinging it back, while keeping the hip up.  YAY.  BI pretty good too.
  • BO8 -- we worked on these a bunch, including using The Stick. Using the stick and then just Danette guiding me I was somewhat able to transfer our improvements from the BO edges re: posture to this figure. So yay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home