Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 12, 2022

Edges & F8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Wow, with one thing and another I hadn't skated in a week and a half! Urph.  Also I couldn't sleep last night so I working on about 2 hours of sleep.

Ice was pretty horrible -- humidity is really high right now due to monsoons so it was foggy, and the ice was really crusty.  Yuck.  Only 4 skaters though so that was nice.

No warmup as I was first lesson for the session.  Today's lesson:

  • edges -- bleah.  FOs were not so great, posture was yucky.  FI were much better.  BOs were okay, and BIs mostly okay.
  • FO8 -- yuck.  Of course I couldn't make it all the way around, and I had some posture/weight placement/balance issues.
  • FI8 -- somewhat better but still not great.  Hmph.
All in all not my best experience, but at least I showed up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home