Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 01, 2022

FI8, Still

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Great ice but a bit crowded -- 10 or so skaters.  I warmed up with forward edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • back edges -- I have some issues with flats on the BO edges and Danette pointed out that I really need to hold the free foot in front more.  When I do that I'm on a better edge and then I'm also set up to just 'hinge' the free leg at the knee so I can move it without dropping the hip.  Duh!  The BI edges were pretty nice, actually.
  • FI8 -- most of our lesson time.  We used my scribed circles and also stepped over a couple of times to get fresh ice.  The first push is better now, posture-wise.  I'm not doing a good job of holding the free shoulder back on the push to the LFI though.  Ugh.  That had me fighting rotation for a half circle and cost me a lot of flow.  Ugh.  Still, it's coming along.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home