Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 08, 2022

Slogging Through

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 12:45 FS. Ugh.  Like 10 skaters and pretty chewed-up ice.  I had to start w/no warmup as Danette was overbooked.  Ugh.

Today's lesson:

  • forward edges -- bleah.  We just did forward to focus on that.  The no warmup really showed as my first LFO was particularly crappy.
  • push -- we spent a couple of minutes just working on my push, as I tend to break at the waist while pushing.  So we worked on bending the knees more and transferring the weight both more smoothly and quickly.  Maybe some progress.
  • F8s -- bleah, again.  I'm not getting around on either FO8 or FI8.  Yes, the ice was crappy, but also it shouldn't be so on the edge as to matter.   I know I've had almost no real practice but still, it's very discouraging.

Entries for Sherwood just opened.  They are doing the figures competition differently than in the past; they've divided up the various figures into groups and you can do one figure from a particular group, and no more than 2 overall.  Unfortunately (?) the figures I can do are all in the same group, so, I need to decide which figure to do from the ones I have.  It will probably be FI8, but maybe BO8.  Right now it should be nothing! Geez.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home