Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Moves

 I actually got to have a freestyle lesson with Holly! On the Gilbert adult skate. It was pretty crowded (about 14 skaters). I hadn't skated freestyle for 3+ weeks. Eep. I got a long warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • Perimeter XOs -- these were a bit rough. Holly drew the pattern out for me and apparently I have been placing the FXOs to late on the pattern. Urph. I need to look at the test form again.  Still working for more power and less two-footed skating on the BXOs.
  • BXOs to BO edges-- eep. I feel like these are really slow. Holly wants me to point my toe more on the held BO edge. I need to lift the free hip more.
  • 3s -- just a few minutes on these. The LFO3 is meh, the RFO3 is hardly there. Yuck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home