Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the 9:15 FS at Gilbert.

I had an abbreviated warmup since the 9 a.m. ice cut didn't start til 9:10.  I got on the ice at 9:21 and my lesson started about 9:30.  I warmed up with stroking and did a circle-8.  I made it around!

For today's lesson we worked on jumps.  First a bunch of waltz jumps; the first ones were pretty bad, mostly I couldn't hold the landing as I was either not checking or leaning outside the circle.  Ugh.  We finally mostly fixed that, and went on to salchow.  I had to remind myself how to do this jump as I literally couldn't remember for a couple minutes -- geez!  Anyway a couple of bad ones and then one that was... almost okay.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home