Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Moves, Jumps, Spins

 My lesson with Holly on the 9:15 FS at Gilbert.  I had private ice!  There was no ice cut though, so it was kinda bumpy.  Ugh.  I warmed up with stroking and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- ugh.  Between the ice being rough and... me, it was Not Good.  We tried some at center ice and also elsewhere on slightly better ice, but it was just not good.  I couldn't make it around any of the circles.  Geez.
  • power-3s -- we worked on just the L side. These are actually improving.  The first 3 is sort of okay, but I still need Holly's hand to do the subsequent ones (geez!).  The back lobe actually is good!  Like, a real crossover and step forward without any two-footedness or putting my foot down.  So that's something.
  • jumps -- a couple of waltz jumps and a really good salchow, actually.  YAY!
  • spins -- just one as we ran out of time.  It started well but I didn't bring my free hip up so... not so great.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home