Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 21, 2022

FO3s, Serpentines

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 1:15 FS at Chandler.  Nice ice and just 3 skaters (all men!).  I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO3s -- we worked these on the circle mostly, and then a little on the crease.  Ugh!  They are even worse than in my freestyle skates.  By that I mean my inability to make myself turn if I glide for any distance first.  Urgh.  It's all mental.  I need to just make myself turn into the circle more and bend my frickin' knee.  I know how to do this.  So frustrating.
  • serpentines -- just the last 5 minutes.  I couldn't do more than a half circle after the change of edge.  My COE is so sloppy!  It takes forever and really slows me down.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home