Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 14, 2022

All The 8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 1:15 FS at Chandler.  Great ice, about 5 skaters.  I scribed circles and ran through all my edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- actually much improved.  I had my patch blades sharpened over the week of 2/21 and I think it's helping.  Danette said my flow was better.
  • FI8 -- pretty nice except for a short loss of balance moment on the 2nd RFI.  Erp.
  • BO8 -- not bad.  Still some issues with flow and I wasn't quite making it around.
  • BI8 -- not bad.  Circles are a little small and some control issues for sure.
  • Waltz-8 -- ugh. We had not looked at these in a while, and it showed.  I don't hold the exit from the 3, partly because there's little/no flow out of it.  Eeep.
Danette wants to look at the waltz-8 next week.  The Sherwood Invitational *will* have figures again this year, so I have a lot of work to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home