Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, but a bit crowded... maybe 10 skaters? I had about a 10 minute warmup so I worked on stroking and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- we spent a bunch of time on these.  The mohawks themselves are actually much better.  We worked mostly on getting a better (i.e. not scrapy-up-on-the-toe) 3rd step (BO edge).  I had to remind myself to bend into the 3rd step more and push onto the edge.  That helped a lot, but I still tend to scrape when I'm getting ready to step forward.  Ugh.
  • circle-8 -- actually really good!  I made it around all 4 circles.  We spent a little time on the final RFI to improve the push and flow.
  • LFO3s -- just a few minutes on these to finish up.  For not having worked on them for several weeks, they were not bad.  I still need to work to roll down off the rocker more promptly after the turn.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home