Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 21, 2022

8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 1:00 FS.  Okay ice (ASU team had the hour before) and just 3 skaters.  They've completed replacing the lights and holy cow is it bright in there!

I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- ugh.  I am not making it around the circle on these.  I'm not sure what the deal is.  It's probably a combination of weak push, bad posture, and maybe I need my blades sharpened. Hmph.
  • FI8 -- even these, usually really good, were not so great (though better).
  • exercise -- from here we did an exercise down the line, 3 FO lobes and then an FO circle.  Bleah.
  • BO8 -- these are better than forward (!) but the posture is a problem.  Trying to keep the hip closed so I don't spiral into the circle.  It's a struggle.
Not my best lesson.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home