Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

FO3s, Spins, Waltz Jump

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert 8:45 a.m. FS.  Private ice! Ice was relatively okay.

I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, circle-8 and BXOs to BO edges.  Circle-8 is just not happening.  I'm trying to stay on one foot longer on the back perimeter XOs after the XOs before I push to the other side. Hopefully that will fix what Hal M. was concerned about.

Today's lesson:

  • LFO3s - about 15 minutes.  I finally got these back to being relatively good.  We didn't work on the pattern, just the turn.
  • RFO3 -- eep. Just 5 minutes or so on these.  Holly's still holding my hand.  Bleah.
  • spins -- my first one was really good!  They went downhill from there, as usual.
  • waltz jump -- Holly wanted me to actually bring my arms back and then lift them as I jump, just as, y'know, they always say you're supposed to.  I managed this but it really threw me off.  I'll have to work on that.  There's no reason I can't do these with good form.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home