Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 03, 2022

FO8 & BO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 1:15 FS at Chandler.  Okay ice.

I scribed circles and warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- honestly, about 25 minutes on these.  We worked mostly on getting a better push, and on posture.  Really, my posture just stinks on these.  On the RFO I have a hard time keeping the free shoulder back (on the LFO it's easy) and I don't lean into the circle enough.   Grr.
  • BO8 -- just a few minutes on these.  We spent some time working on keeping the free leg close (not in 'landing position'). Ugh.  I have such a hard time controlling the swing on this if the free leg is in.  It's torture.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home