Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

3s, Spins, Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert Adult Skate.  Between Holly breaking her arm (!) and Danette's schedule and my own I've been off the ice for what seems like forever but was only 9 days.

Today was good ice, about 9 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking, circle-8 (I made it around!) and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s -- about 10 minutes on these.  LFO3 was relatively okay though I was rushing them a little.  RFO3 still doesn't happen unassisted.  Ugh.  We made sure to practice them with the step and BXO after as in the power-3 move.
  • spins -- I did a really nice one! 5 revs!  And then they were awful after :-(
  • jumps -- I did a really nice waltz jump (good height!).  Then a bunch of bad salchows.  My timing was just off.  Off.  I couldn't get myself to hold the BI edge, nor hold the free hip back.  Yuck.

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home