Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 08, 2021

B8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 1:15 FS.  Beautiful fresh ice, 4 skaters.  I just had time to scribe circles before my lesson.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- FO were not so good, so I did them again.  The rest were pretty good.
  • BO8 -- mm.  Push is still lacking.  I'm currently trying to keep the free leg close and not be in 'landing position'; I can kind of do this on the LBO, but not on the RBO.  Urph. Everything works much better when I manage that as I'm not fighting rotation so much the last half of the circle.
  • BI8 -- eep.  I was really struggling to stay upright over my skate on the RBI; I keep feeling like I'm collapsing into the circle and I struggle to stand upright and it's really hard.  The LBI is much easier.  I don't know why this is; Danette pointed out that I don't have this problem on the BI edges, which is really something to think about.

In general I feel like I'm somewhat maintaining my skills.  I really need more ice time!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home