Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 18, 2021

F8s & Serpentines

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 1:15 FS.  Beyootiful ice and just 5 skaters.  I warmed up with edges, then scribed 3 circles (additional circle for serpentines, per Danette's request).

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- eep.  Really rusty, not good form.  They did get better.  Not impressed.
  • FI8 -- not so great either, but better than the FO8s.  It's all posture issues. Yuck.
  • serpentines -- mmph.  We did both sides of these.  Besides my total lack of flow and crappy pushes, the changes of edge are not too great.  Even the outside to inside!  Yuck.  I really need to be willing to push onto that new edge.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home