Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Mohawks

My lesson with Holly on the 10:15 FS at Gilbert.  Schedule changed due to work stuff; I had private ice.  Ice was okay.  A brief warmup (that's the new normal).

Today's lesson was all on mohawks.  Holly brought out one of the plastic walker things and had me lean on it while I did my mohawks.  This did help me to feel the lean into the edge and they did improve significantly.  We worked them (mostly the R side) off the walker and I was able to maintain most of the improvements.  The key to this seems to be to really, really bend into the mohawk a lot more than I think -- like doing a spread eagle almost.

After that work, at the end of the lesson we ran the 5-step mohawk pattern.  While it was improved, the mohawks were not nearly as good as when I did them in isolation.  Lots more work to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home