Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 30, 2021

BO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 1:15 FS.  I scribed circles and warmed up with edges.  Nice ice and only 3 skaters - me, John and Squid.

Today's lesson:

  • pushing -- Danette had me push to see how far I could go.  We did forward and back on each foot (flats).  Weirdly on the backward pushes I can only hold a flat for so long before I fall onto a BI edge. I swear I was holding my free hip up!  Oh well.
  • BO8 -- we really worked on fixing my posture on these -- standing up straight after the push, and then not breaking at the waist after I pass my arms.  Urph.  I think there was some progress tho.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home