Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 09, 2021

Waltz-8, Still

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 1:15 FS at Chandler.  Still foggy!  And rainy inside the rink. Ice was relatively okay though (this session is right after the ice cut) and about 10 skaters.

I scribed circles, and warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • pushing -- we spent a little time just working on pushing on a flat straight down the red line.  This really did illustrate to me how important posture is, as it was poor at first and when I fixed it, big difference!  We also did backwards... eep.  I can't steer very well backwards, my weight was too far forward on the blade for good control.
  • step forward -- we spent the rest of our time working on the step forward in the waltz-8 (we worked on this a bit last week also).  Danette had me work on doing a back two-foot turn to work on standing up straight and getting around.  Eeep.  We did make some progress though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home