Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Perimeter Stroking, 3s, Mohawks

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I warmed up with stroking and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- I had shown a judge friend my video (Thanks M!) of my perimeter XOs from my test.  I asked about the comment about being on two feet too much on the BXO portion.  My friend surmised that this comment was probably about the fact that my weight was often in between my feet and not on a strong BI edge after the BXO.  I'm pretty convinced that's a correct analysis. After a discussion with Holly, we worked on this to get a stronger and more obviously correct 'balance position' per the judging form.  I think we made good progress.
  • 3s -- we continued to work on these.  The LFO3 is there maybe 60 - 70% of the time.  Ugh.
  • mohawks -- just a few minutes on these, trying to get me to really bend my knees and plie' on them.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home