Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, July 04, 2021

Sunday Ice

 Melissa told me that there was adult skate today at Gilbert, so I went... awesome! Fresh ice, and only 4 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, circle-8 and BXOs to BO edges.  After that I spent the remainder of my 45 minutes working on 3s and mohawks (mostly 3s).  I am working to do them from a neutral position so I get away from the "push-and-turn" mindframe I've tended to be in.  I did have some success, I'd guess 40-50% were good.  Needs more work for sure!  After these are fixed I'll still have to really fix the BXOs in the power-3s.  Actually I should decouple and work on them at the same time.  Eeep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home