Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Progress

 I skated the Chandler adult FS for freestyle practice. Fresh ice, 7 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking, then ran the Bronze moves.  DEO GRATIAS!  I made it around (barely) on the circle-8.  Everything else was reasonably okay.

After the runthrough I worked some more more power-3s, 5-step mohawk, and did the circle-8 about 7 more times.  The first 3 were mostly okay -- yay for Grant fixing my blades!  The last 4 were a bit short; I don't know if that's because I moved on the ice or was just tired or what.

Anyway, progress, for which I am extremely grateful.  On the other hand -- the test is Saturday.  My warmup is at 7:19, but I don't skate until 8:07. Ugh.  So I won't be very warmed up.  Also, the test starts at 6:15, so by the time I skate the ice will be pretty beat up.  Let's pray I can find a reasonably clean spot for my circle-8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home