Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 11, 2021

Bronze Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, about 12 skaters.

I had  very brief warmup and then we started my lesson.

  • perimeter XOs -- pretty good.
  • power-3s -- about the same.  I changed the entry to just one step so that I am making my axis closer to the boards.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- pretty good, despite people getting in my way.
  • circle-8 -- Made it around.  Holly marked my circles with a pen and they were decent size and not too far off each other.
  • 5-step mohawk -- about the same.
After the runthrough we ran the power-3s again working to get a better BXO; a little bit of progress.  Then we ran the circle-8 again in a different spot and it was okay.  Then we worked on 5-step mohawk for a few minutes, concentrating on getting a better curve and point of the toe on the 5th step.

Test is 2 weeks from tomorrow!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home