Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Edges & 8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I scribed circles, then warmed up with forward edges.

Today's lesson:

  • back edges -- we did the BO edges a couple of times as my R side lobes were really shallow; not crossing the line at a perpendicular.  BI edges were pretty nice!  Lobes were pretty much the same size.
  • FO8 -- A little bit of control issues on the RFO so we worked through that.  I managed to fall on the RFO, how amusing is that?  It seems like my weight went too far forward and the front of my blade dug into the ice so I went straight over my skates, lol.  No harm done.  The LFO was definitely nicer than the RFO.
  • FI8 -- pretty nice!
  • BI8 -- we had not looked at these for a while.  My RBI circle is quite small, but the LBI was really nice!  Pretty much full size, and good control on that side.  Danette reminded me to look into the circle more and stand up straight.
After my lesson I worked briefly on BO8, then I had to go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home