Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 17, 2021

Progress

 I skated the 1:15 FS at Chandler for freestyle practice today.  Great ice, 7 skaters.

I did a 5-minute warmup (stroking), then ran the Bronze moves test.  It went really well!  Honestly, if I skate the test like that I'll pass, I think.  The circle-8 was really good!

After that I went back and skated the circle-8 several more times.  It got worse.... then better.  I think the key is going to be not getting complacent about setting up the new circle re: body position (hold that free shoulder back!).  I have to watch the RFO not getting too big (sitting back on the blade really helps control!).

I still need to to do more work on the circle-8 but I'm feeling a lot better about it.... which is good, because I signed up to take the test on 6/26. Eeep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home