Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Moves, Brackets, Spins

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  A bit crowded but good ice.  I warmed up with perimeter XOs and power-3s.

Today's lesson:

  • BXOs to BO edges -- nice!  I love these.
  • circle-8 -- I made it around!  Yay!  I had a really good push on the RFO and it was fine.
  • 5-step mohawk -- okay.  I still think these are just a bit rough.
  • brackets -- these are slowly improving.  Holly is now just letting me rest my hand on top of hers but not actually holding it.  She wants a bit more SNAP to the turn though.
  • spins -- 3 pretty good ones and one not so great.  I'm getting better at getting my free leg in so it's mostly if I can manage to get over the L side correctly on the entry.
Still hoping to test in June/July.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home