Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Moves, Brackets, Spins

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Nice ice and 9 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs and power-3s.

Today's lesson:
  • BXOs to BO edges -- these were really nice!
  • circle-8 -- stillll not making it around.  Ugh.
  • 5-step c-step -- a little rough the first time.  Holly said she wanted them 'lobier', especially on the R side, so we did them again and it was better.
  • brackets -- some progress on these. Holly keeps reminding me to "bend & snap!" (obscure Legally Blonde reference).  We are just working on the FO ones, with Holly holding my trailing hand.  They are improving.
  • spins -- just 5 minutes or so on these. I did a really good one and several that were almost as good!
All in all a pretty good lesson.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home