Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 01, 2021

Waltz-8, Schafer Push

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe. I had time to scribe circles but not a warmup (my own fault).

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- as always.  I still need to work on keeping my lobes the same size, esp. on FO and BI.  Eeep.  Pretty nice in general though.
  • waltz-8 -- urp.  Threes are better, but I have no check after the RFO3.  Grr.  Most of our time on the step forward.  I think I just need to find a bit more time to practice.
  • Schafer push -- I always wanted to learn this ... can you say you do figures if you can't do one? So Danette spent 5 minutes or so.  The basics are simple enough but I suspect it will take some work to do it with sufficient power AND good posture.
FYI here's what a Schafer push looks like.  AFAIK they were only used for BO loops as the regular BO edge stuff didn't start this way?



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home