Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 22, 2021

Perseverance

 I skated the 1:15 FS at Chandler for freestyle practice.  Nice ice, 6 skaters.

I ran through all the Bronze moves.  I made a point on the power-3s to work on the step forward on the RFO3, making sure to not put my foot down.  I was able to do that but the turns themselves were pretty uncontrolled.  Yuck.  I managed to get around on the circle-8, yay!

After that I did a few spins (most were bad), then went back and worked on the circle-8 some more.  I couldn't reproduce my earlier success. Grrr.  From there I went back to work on the R side power-3s and still very rough.  I fell on one of them and then had a heck of time convincing myself to not put the foot down -- clearly it's a comfort thing.  I did manage to work through it in the end, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home