Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 01, 2021

Perseverance

 I had an opportunity to skate the 1:15 FS at Chandler today for freestyle practice.  Really nice ice, and just 4 skaters (me, Michelle, Jaclyn and CeCe).  I ran through all the Bronze moves.  Other than the circle-8, which is still a problem, they are doing pretty well, actually.  The BO edge on the 5-step is better -- I made myself take my time on the 2nd step, which gave me an opportunity to slow down and really bend and push into the 3rd step so I wasn't on the toe so much. Yay!

After that I did a spin (actually a good one!), then some time working on my toe loop exercise (3 into a pivot).  Jaclyn gave me some pointers on just working on the draw into the pivot and it really helped (yay!) -- I actually bent my knees (what a concept :p) and was able to feel like I could bring it around.  Yay!

Finished with a really nice waltz jump and a really good salchow!  Good session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home