Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

5-Step, Brackets, Toe Loop

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate. Good ice, about 10 skaters in the middle of my lesson but a few more came before I left. I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, circle-8 and 5-step mohawk.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- we worked on this a bit.  Some improvement on the BO edge but I still need to settle on the blade and flex the ankle so I don't go up on the toe.  Worked a little to improve the slide chasse also, with some success.
  • brackets -- more work on these.  I managed to do a LFOB just holding one of Holly's hands.  We'll keep working on them.
  • toe loop -- on the line.  About the same.  We spent some time working on an exercise that I've not done for a while (and I saw Melissa doing!) of just doing the RFI3 into a back pivot.  Eeep.  I need to work that more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home