Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Skate Maintenance, Spins, Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert Adult Skate -- we moved my lesson from Friday this week due to hockey (no ice Friday).  I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, power-3s and BXOs to BO edges.

Today's lesson:

  • skate mainenance -- I brought my patch skates in so Holly could compare the blade alignment with my freestyle skates.  It really does appear that the back of the right blade is too far to the outside.  I'm going to try to get it fixed.
  • spins -- still inconsistent.  I think my biggest issue is to try to not rush the entrance.  If I take my time I seem to have time to make other stuff happen.
  • jumps -- a quick waltz jump to warm up (it was good!).  A couple of salchows and I got a good one!  Then the rest of our time on toe loop.  Holly had me working to get a better rhythm on the jump. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home