Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 09, 2021

BO8 & Brackets

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  This was a makeup for last week since I missed my Thursday lesson (forgot to buy ice, argh!).  Nice ice today, about 8 skaters.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- pretty good.
  • brackets -- I asked Danette to work with my on brackets since I'm working on them with Holly in my freestyle skates.  Eeep.  I held the hockey stick (and Danette held it too :-) ).  Just the LFOB and RFOB.  Kinda rough, but okay.
  • BO8 -- really good flow and speed on these, but I was really lacking control.  Ugh.
After my lesson, I worked a bit on BI8 (small circles, but good flow) and then a bit on 3s.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home