Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 22, 2021

Brackets & Toe Loop

 My lesson with Holly in our new time slot on the Gilbert adult skate.  Nice ice, 10 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking, circle-8 and perimeter XOs.  I managed to catch my toepick on the circle-8 (on the RFO) lol.

Today's lesson:

  • BXOs to BO edges -- I was working on these when Holly came on the ice.  She wanted me to make my lobes a little wider.
  • brackets -- we continued working on these.  They are improving.  We've mostly worked on the RFOB but I did try a couple on the L foot.  
  • toe loop -- I wanted Holly to hold my hand on these to make me slow the beginning of the jump (after the 3) down.  It did help, but I'm still struggling with this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home