Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 07, 2021

Edges & 8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Great ice, about 8 skaters. I had first lesson, so no warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- mostly okay.  Still some posture issues on the FO.  B edges were pretty nice.
  • FO8 -- Urph. The RFO still has lots of issues, mostly my difficulty in controlling my upper body.  We worked quite a bit to hold the free shoulder back and maintain a good edge.  Eep.
  • FI8 -- pretty nice, for the most part.
  • BO8 -- actually, not bad at all.  Posture on the LBO is waaaay better than the RBO, though.  We worked on improving it.
  • BI8 -- Just a couple minutes on these.  Push is lacking and the RBI lacks control.  LBI was actually pretty nice.
After my lesson I worked a bit on the BI8, and some time on waltz-8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home