Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Moves, Spins, Salchow

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Ice was okay.  About 9 skaters.

I had a long warmup so I worked a little on my strengthening exercises as well as stroking and crossovers.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- good, actually.
  • power-3s -- not bad.  Still on 2 feet on the R side before the step forward -- I need to wean myself away from that. Other than that the R side now actually looks better than the left!
  • BXOs to BO edges -- not bad
  • circle-8 -- ugh. Same ol' issues.
  • 5-step C-step -- better! I really think the key here for me is 1) to hold the 2nd step longer and 2) to really bend the knees and sweep back on the push for the 3rd step.
  • spins -- just a few of these.  I did get one that was okay.
  • salchow --  meh.  I did not get any good ones today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home