Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, about 9 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking and some crossovers, and I also remembered to do some of the exercises Holly gave me last week.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- Holly thought these were really good.  I thought they were good but lacking power.  Oh well!
  • power-3s -- actually not too bad. Still cheating the step forward on the R side.  The L side was actually not so great, so I need to work on those.
  • back XOs to BO edge -- okay.
  • circle-8 -- still not making it around. Ugh.
  • 5-step mohawk -- still a bit rough, but not too bad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home